MIAL believes that it is responsible for the betterment of society. To facilitate this, at MIAL we work closely with local communities and other people who belong to the weaker sections of society.
To help us meet the company’s CSR objectives and channelize our resources effectively, we have also created a comprehensive CSR Management Framework. This framework lays down processes for assessment and prioritization of CSR goals and objectives based on social, organizational and regulatory needs. A formal CSR policy was finalized on 23rd May 2014.
CSIA’s Vision of CSR can be broadly defined as below
To pursue business growth and vision for CSIA by making a positive change in the lives of the stakeholders and communities along the value chain of our businesses through CSR programs and social initiatives.
We will focus on supporting and implementing the following activities as our key area:
Some of the Community Development projects undertaken by MIAL include the following:
- Training to promote nationally recognized sports
- Providing emergency medical care, preventive health care, sanitization and safe drinking water
- Promoting education for under-privileged children, supporting the socially backward helping differently-abled people and local community.
- Protecting art and culture
- Promoting gender equality and empowering women
- Ensuring environmental sustainability, ecological balance, protection of flora and fauna and the conservation of natural resources
- Various programs for supporting education
- SHILP program to support learning
- Vocational training for the differently-abled
- Jagriti Yatra – Entrepreneurial nurturing
- LED lamp distribution in the tribal community of Sanjay Gandhi National Park, Mumbai
- Polio immunization drive, AIDS awareness campaign in the community
- Blood donation camps in airport surroundings
- Encouraging sports amongst the youth
- National / International Flower and Plant Exhibition
- Malaria Health Check-up Camps