- Maharashtra is one of the most sought after urban and tourist destinations in India.
- Maharashtra Tourism is growing at a Compounded Annual Growth Rate of :
- Domestic : 12.16%
- International : 10.76%
- Maharashtra won the award for Best Indian State for Business Tourism 2012, in UK.
- Ranked number 1 in Foreign Direct Investments among all states in India.
- Maharashtra is the leading state in India in terms of number of 'Foreign Tourists Arrivals', out of which 79% visit Mumbai.
- Maharashtra accounts for 38% of the country’s automobile output by value.
- Maharashtra is a popular tourist destination with a focus on varied forms of tourisms like business, medical, wildlife and
Sources: The Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion, Tourism of India, Maharashtra Tourism, Indian Brand Equity Foundation, Globalization and World Cities Research Network