Over the years, GVK CSMIA has turned into a truly global airport. We have upgraded and modernized this airport to meet international standards in terms of service, technology and facilities. MIAL has received several international and national accolades for its efforts in modernizing GVK CSMIA.
- ‘Jaya He Safari’, an exclusive guided museum art tour at the GVK CSMIA, was awarded the ‘Golden Peacock Award 2019’ under the Innovative product/Service category at the 29th World Congress on Leadership for Business Excellence & Innovation in Dubai on March 05, 2019.
- We have once again bagged the Gold award, the ACI Asia-Pacific Green Airports Recognition 2019, themed “Green Airport Infrastructure”, awarded under “over 45 million passengers per annum” category for outstanding environmental projects carried out at the airport.
- Our Terminal 2 has been recognized as the Outstanding Airport Project under the Infrastructure category at the 8th EPC World Awards, held in Delhi on February 7, 2019.
- It is immensely gratifying to bag the coveted ACI-ASQ “Best Airport”award 2018. As commented by ACI press release, we are “Perennial winners” making it to the top every year. Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport declared 'Best Airport by Size and Region'
- Authorized Economical Operator (AEO) – LO operator certification by The Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs (CBIC), valid for 10 years.
- “Sectoral Procurement Excellence - Airport”.at the ‘6th Procurement Excellence Awards’, part of the 12th Express Logistics & Supply Chain Leadership Awards Conclave
- GVK MIAL received the 2nd Runner-Up award in ‘Breakthrough Level Kaizen’ category at 32nd Kaizen Conference & Competition by CII TPM Club in Pune on 20 April, 2018.
- GVK CSIA has been awarded 'Best airport in India/ C Asia' by Skytrax World Airport Awards 2018.
- GVK CSIA bagged the prestigious Gold -Green Airports recognition 2018 by ACI in the over 35 mppa category, recognizing the outstanding achievements in environmental projects on 6 March, 2018.
- CSIA received World’s Best Airport for the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Awards 2017.
- YES BANK Natural Capital Awards (Eco corporate award) MIAL was awarded the 3 YES BANK Natural Capital Awards under the Eco Corporate (Services) Category on September 1, 2017
- CSIA received “Best Metro Airport award” and the “Airport offering best facilities for sick, elderly & physically challenged” for 2017-18 by Air Passenger Association of India (APAI).
- GVK CSIA adjudged as the The Best Domestic Airport at the “WINGS INDIA AWARDS 2018” for Excellence in the Aviation sector held in Hyderabad on 9 March, 2018
- MIAL receives three awards at Honeywell Smart Building Awards 2017.
- GVK CSIA received the INFHRA-FM Excellence Awards 2017-18 under the category of ‘Ecological sustainability’, for the implementation of green initiative, “Green Seal Certified Products & Waterless Urinals Programme” held in Mumbai on 23 February, 2018.
- GVK MIAL awarded the ‘Cargo Airport of The Year – India’ at STAT Times International Awards for Excellence on 21 February, 2018 in Mumbai.
- GVK MIAL wins "Excellence Award" at 7th Global Economic Summit, in the "Best Logistics Service Provider" category.
- GVK CSIA has won CAPA's award for excellence in Air Traffic Management productivity in Indian aviation.
- GVK MIAL bags the CII Renovative Kaizen award- winners’ trophy in 2017
- GVK MIAL has been awarded as the 'Best Airport Staff' award in India & Central Asia at the Skytrax Awards 2017.
- GVK MIAL has been in the Top 10 'Best Airport Terminals' at the Skytrax Awards 2017.
- GVK MIAL has been awarded as the ‘Highly Commended Airport for Marketing’ award in Asia Pacific region in the over 20 million passengers category.
- GVK MIAL awarded as the Second Best Airport globally and in Asia Pacific by Airport Council International’s Airport Service Quality Awards 2016.
- GVK CSIA has been awarded with the “Best Executed Landmark Project of the Year (Airport)” at the Construction Times Award 2016.
- GVK MIAL awarded 'Air Cargo Terminal' of the year 2015-16 at Logistics Asia Awards.
- GVK MIAL bags “BE Star” recognition as Leader for Excellence in Customer Management.
- GVK MIAL has received the “Sustainable Carbon Management Practice Award “from World CSR Congress.
- GVK CSIA wins Procurement Excellence Awards at the 4th Procurement Strategies Forum 2016.
- GVK MIAL wins ICI Dr Ramakrishna Award 2016 for Best Project with Pre-cast Concrete in India.
- GVK CSIA bags an award for the Excellence in Travel Retail Infrastructure 2016 by Indian Retail Forum.
- GVK CSIA has been awarded as “Best Metro Airport 2015-16” by Air Passenger Association of India.
- CSIA has been awarded the prestigious National Tourism Award 2014-15 under the category of Best Airports in Class X (metro) Cities.
- GVK MIAL has been awarded the GreenCo Award at the GreenCo Summit 2016.
- GVK CSIA has been voted as the Best Airport in India and Central Asia by Skytrax World Airport Awards 2016.
- Inducted in the elite ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence for 2015 (amongst the only 3 airports worldwide)
- Rated among the top 5 airports world wide in the category of 25-40 million passengers per annum in ASQ rating by ACI
- Golden Peacock Award for Business Excellence
- Architizer A+ Award in the 'Transportation – Airports' category, 2015 for being one of the best architectural structures in the world
- Platinum A’ Design Award 2015 for Architecture, Building and Structural Design of T2
- ‘Pranaam-GVK Guest Service' has been awarded the Century International Quality Era award by Business Initiative Directions (BID) Group One
- 3rd among the World's Most Improved Airports and as one of the Top 5 airports in Central Asia by Skytrax World Airports Awards, 2015
- “India’s Best World Class Airport in the Private Sector” at the Markenomy Awards 2015
- Management Consulting Association (MCA) award for the Best International Project Delivery of 2014
- Maharashtra Pollution Control Board Vasundhara Award 2015
- Outstanding Concrete Structure Award of ICI, 2014 for Terminal 2 Building Gold winner in The interior Finishes Category - CISCA (Ceiling & Interior System Construction Association, North America)
- Best Managed Airport award at the 8th CNBC Awaaz Travel Award 2014
- NCSEA – National Council of structural Engineers Association - Excellence in Structural Engineering Awards.
- ‘Golden Peacock Innovative Product/Service Award 2014' for its newly launched ‘Pranaam GVK Guest Services’
- Forbes India Art Awards under the Corporate Commitment to Art category 2014
- Cargo Recognition Award from Swiss World Cargo for its Swiss Air Mumbai Airport station.
- 'Outstanding Contribution in Airports :Infrastructure' category at the 5th EPC World Awards 2014
- ‘Green project of the Year’ for its CSIA T2 project at Construction Week India Awards 2014
- WB Honors 2014 for ‘Intelligent Washroom Design at Airports’
- Runner-up award in the Airport category for being the favourite among readers by Conde Nast Traveller India.
- Best Airport from “ACAAI & KALE Logistics” for the third consecutive year in 41st ACAAI Convention for excellence in connecting the cargo community.
- Dun and Bradstreet’s Infra Awards 2014 for its exemplary performance for CSIA T2 project.
- 'Golden Peacock Award for Sustainability‘ 2014 from Institute of Directors. 1st Airport in Asia and 5th in the world to release ‘The Sustainability Report 2014’ as per GRI G4 reporting guidelines
- ‘The Sword of Honour’ by the British Safety Council for excellence in health and safety management.
Accreditations and Certification
- Airport Carbon Accreditation Level-3 (OPTIMIZATION) accreditation by ACI
- Rated e-freight compliant by IATA
- Gold rating in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) India from the Indian Green Building Council (IGBC).
- First Indian airport and second in Asia to be accredited with prestigious ISO 14064-1:2006 certification for Carbon Emissions Accounting
- First Indian airport to be certified ISO 10002:2004 for Passenger Complaint Handling conforming to international standards
- First airport to receive a TAPA Freight Security Requirements (FSR) 2011 Certification Classification (A).
- Airport Carbon Accreditation for Carbon Footprint Management system and processes by Airport Council International (ACI)
- ISO 14064-1:2006 for its Carbon Emissions Accounting
- First Airport in Asia and 5th in the world to release “The Sustainability Report 2014” as per GRI G4 reporting guidelines.
- ‘Smart City’ - Terminal 2 of Mumbai’s Chhatrapati Shivaji airport has helped the city find a place in 'smart city' list of National Geographic
- Winner of ICI( Indian Concrete Institute) Outstanding Concrete Structure Award 2013 for Air Traffic Control Tower
- Best Cargo Airport 2013 (Runner-up) by Air Cargo Agents Association of India (ACAAI) at 40th ACAAI Convention.
- Best Airport from "ACAAI & KALE Logistics" at the 40th ACAAI Convention for the second consecutive year.
- International Cargo Airport of the year 2013 (India Region) by Stat Times in Air Cargo India.
- Routes Airport Marketing Award 2012 under the category of Middle East & India
- International Cargo Airport of the year 2012 – Runner up (India Region) by Stat Times in Air Cargo India.
- Third best airport worldwide in the 25-40 mppa category for the year 2012 by Airport Council International (ACI).
- Golden Peacock National Quality Award 2012.
- Best Airport in terms of Cargo Upliftment & 3rd best Cargo Airport for the year 2012 at 39th ACAAI convention.
- "Special Commendation" for the Golden Peacock Award for Occupational Health & Safety for the year 2011
- Third best airport worldwide in the 25-40 mppa category for the year 2011 by Airport Council International (ACI)
- "Special Commendation" for the Golden Peacock Award for Occupational Health & Safety for the year 2011
- Second best airport worldwide in the 15-25 mppa category for the year 2010 by Airports Council International (ACI)
- "Best Brown Field Airport in Public–Private Partnership" by the Air Passengers Association of India (APAI) and Consumers Association of India survey in 2009
- Winner of the prestigious “Autodesk Hong Kong Building Information Modeling (BIM) Award 2009” for Air Traffic Control Tower designed by HOK
- 'Best Managed Airport' award from CNBC AWAAZ in 2009
- 'Best Airport in India' award by Air Passengers Association of India in 2007 and 2008 respectively
- First international airport to win ‘Airport of the Year’ Award by Frost & Sullivan Aeronautical Excellence in 2008.
The management system certifications at MIAL
- ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System
- ISO14001:2004 Environment Management System
- OHSAS18001:2007 Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- ISO10002:2004 Complaint Management System
- ISO22301:2012 Business Continuity Management System
- ISO27001:2005 Information Security Management System
- TAPA-FSR-A certificate for Domestic Cargo terminal
- ISO50001:2011 Energy Management System
- ISO39001:2012 – Road Traffic Safety Management System